Dream two (2) of course is fragmented dream.
The full version was dreamt for me (until he takes over the spell cast on me) by Maha Brahma.
Part One of the dream goes like this
1. I was given huge load of linen by some godforsaken guy and he came to collect it soon after giving me a call.
2. At the time of the call the top part of the bundle which was 4 by 6 foot size an 6 foot in height (which appeared to me like bedsheets) was in disarray and fallen sideways and leaning on the doorway and preventing the door being opened when the guy comes to collect the load.
3. I was rearranging the lot and with the sound of the telephone I was woken up.
Before the interpretation was released Maha Brahma asked me a question.
Why are you sending half of a dream, he asked?
Sir, this was a armchair dream and mind you it is a day time dream?
Why are you dreaming at day time?
I could not help, Sir.
We are on industrial action and we have given up our headships and the head chair was empty and I sat on it to see how it feels like without administrative work like filling e-forms and mundane stuff like timetable for students and annual calender.
Then the head’s telephone rang and I was woken up.
I was annoyed that the dream was interrupted rudely but unfortunately for me there was nobody to answer the call.
Did you answer the call?
It is head’s telephone if I answer it, I will be in trouble.
If the guy on the other side is from FUTA, he might think I am secretly working.
If the guy on the other side is from the Ministry, he might mark another stupid head is working and add to his statistics.
The beauty is that lot of guys who never had an opportunity to sit on this big chair (like our politicians wanting to sit on high chairs of others when they are sleeping) to see how it feels like and when a call comes unlike me, answer it.
Even before caller’s call ends, guy says, wants to be head speaking for head.
It must be a lucrative post for aspiring candidates.
No Sir it is only Rs.1000/= and not even enough to pay the monthly telephone bill and we pay from over pocket the telephone bill.
Or I see.
Why then people want to be heads?
It is a very good and open question Sir but I think it is a dress rehearsal for becoming a politician, I believe .
Sir, can you tell me the full dream.
Part Two of the dream.
Mind you I like your futuristic dreams shall we make some arrangement for the first part for you to dream and the second part for me to dream and it saves me reading a long email.
No problem Sir, till our industrial action is over we will be dreaming of a pay hike and dreaming is our objective proposal and vision for miracles in this country, like Martin Luther King, we do like to dream even day time now.
He told me the setting is not at your home but at the laundry.
The guy who was dreaming had come to collect the dues (linen) after 3 months on credit card (that is the time laundry takes no responsibility for the clothes). He could not pay for the bill.
He was a professor of political science. Unfortunately had not got any salary hike he dreamed of, for 10 years.
Then before he pays the bill, the guy who gave the first load has given him a second load and that is the reason for it falling sideways.
If the dream was continued the guy gets a heart attack and dies at the laundry.
Was it me Sir?
No you stupid?
These are futuristic dreams not current.
The guy is a Professor of Political History of Sri-Lanka and this is ten years from now.
Had I let you dream the rest of the dream you would have had a heart attack and die in your armchair (dream).
I saved you in nick of time.
But what’s the point Sir, the way the things are developing in this country we do not have to dream.
We Know for certain we want get anything for our lifetime.
That is not the point.
If you die I won’t get these lovely dreams.
I love them and if you go who is going to dream for me for the first half of the dream.
It is my hobby and I won’t die for eons unlike you!
I am going to have this fun only till you live and Aryubovan for You.
Sir, there are 20 million people here.
We dreamed that we bring the world cup home for the second time round but we did not.
Those dreams are mediocre and not futuristic like yours and lasts only a day and people get on with their work as nothing has happened.
But pay hikes are our daily dreams not only of professors Sir.
Every Sri-Lankan who is able is dreaming of a pay hike.
Only problem is politicians do not see that way.
Sir, can you pass one of these lethal dreams to the treasury secretary and let him dream it in full, instead of me.
That is criminal know?
But if he goes millions will be happy millions time (we made billion in India to be happy by losing the World Cup and we deserve a pay hike at least at Indian Level) and there will be pay hikes!
Well I will see about it and in any case he is in the geriatric age group isn’t he?
I got to go.
It is 10 years from now.
1. Global warming has peaked to 38 F and there is no alcohol (no yeast-no alcohol-the song no woman no pain- theme is adopted to no alcohol no fun) except imported in this country. The imported stuff is available in international institutions and hotels.
2. There is no rain for two years.
3. All rivers have run dry
4. Coal power for 2 hours at night for email services only for booking air tickets etc.
5. No laundry services at hotels.
6. People are asked not to wear anything like IMF boss while in hotels.
7. There is no air conditioning
8. There are no maids for cleaning especially in the International Buddhist Institute.
9. Buddhist monks are permitted to wear only the Andana Kadas by the hierarchy at International Buddhist Institute. There is a big vada (argument ) developing to wear or not to wear Andana Kada.
10. Some get heat strokes while in meditative mode in the tiny cubicles
The laundry load was Andana Kada from the International Institute.
Action necessary to prevent this scenario.
Grow trees in Colombo instead of developing international Hotels!
This applies to Kandy too.