This derives from my mothers teaching me how to recite Buddhist verses which I did not understand as a brat.
I become a refuge of Linux is the nearest English translation.
3. Then say “Subba Papassa Microsoft Akaranum” when a Microsoft guy ask me to play a windows Game-Not Dos games.
I will refrain from all evil things. In other words I will not contribute to 7 Seven sins of Microsoft as some good Americans of North America vouch.
4. More reformed saying is
Sabba Papapssa Microsoft Akaranam
Kusallassa Linux Sammada
Sachitta Pario Linux Dhapanam
Etham Asokassa Dhassana
I will refrain from all Evil things (including using Microsoft)
I will only do meritorious things (like promoting Linux)
I will keep my mind focused on Linux
That is what the Vision and the saying of Asoka (not the ancient Indian King) not the Great (not the Nine or clock News (BBC) or Not the early morning Sri–Lankan (heroic) Music.
5. Boot Grub with dual booting with default as Redhat 8 or 9.
Those were the few ways I left my first love Microsoft.
Now I am in a harem of Linux distributions (over 100) there are over 100 ways to leave my love.
6. When I say Suse there is the charming dame appearing slowly on my computer screen.
7. When I say Debian the God Father comes and sprinkle some chanted oil on my head like in the baptising ceremony in the Church.
8. When I say Pup Up Come Up all the Pups come with Beagle scaring the Microsoft bulldog.
9. When I say snap up, the gparted comes and takes over the hard disk wiping all Microsoft traces and FAT and NTFS Partitions.
10. When I say bulldoze the Blcktrack4 comes to my assistance.
When the latter 5 five are stated the Microsoft vendors soil their pants.
Being a doc, like an untrained dog I can smell the atmosphere and what is happening without pulling down the pants since my nose is trained like a police dog’s nose to smell evil Microsoft piss.
11. When I say Fire Firefox there comes the Chines Dragon ready to flame all the wars that are to be inflammed.
12. When I say Nero the Hero then K3B comes ready to do the cooking and barbecue.
13. When I say “Open Sesame”, Open Office comes and opens his mouth to eat all the words that came out of the politicians during the elections that includes the salary hikes promised and those words can never be traced to the source or their origins.
14. When I say boot all the bootstraps are released at rocket like speed especially when YOPER is let loose.
15. When I say root all the roosters come to the roof for roosting.
Those from 11 to 15 are like extramarital relationships and by now the divorce papers are being worked out, spelling out the compensation for Microsoft (legal hearing pending in France and European commission waiting to see the bindings).
16. Now comes the Live all Night Dance.
PCLinux leads the troops and the dancers with colourful array of dancers, which includes, LXDE, Xfce, E!7, ZenMini, Minime and Big Daddy.
From this point onwards any of my saying will inflamme flame wars day and night in Linux Community to determine which one is slightly better than the other.
I think I should not get involved, since I have dug deep into the caves of Linux and my hands are dirty as if I was coming out of a mine after a blast.
Let the readers do the filling up since my file cabinet is full of Linux live CDs, now ready for dishing out like Santa at Christmas eve.
17, As teaser I will put Skype (who will love it who will not)
19. Grub or Lilo
20. Gnome / KDE/ LXDE. xFCE
I think now that I have fired up, the flame wars will go on till the next Christmas and I will be a passive spectator.